To address the problems of child abuse and domestic violence in our community, it takes the whole community.
Although we at the Domestic Violence & Child Advocacy Center are dedicated to providing quality programs and services to women, men, teens and children who are victims of abuse, we simply cannot do this work alone. In fact, with every minute that passes, victims' need for your help continues to grow. You can show your compassion and generosity for victims of child abuse and domestic violence in any of the following ways:
1. Make a financial contribution.
You can donate to DVCAC by:
- Clicking here to Donate Now
- Mailing a check to P.O. Box 5466, Cleveland OH 44101
- Paying over the phone with a credit card. Please call Molly at 216.229.2420
- Remembering DVCAC in your will. This will ensure the continual quality of services provided by DVCAC in our community. Contact Lori at firstname.lastname@example.org or 216.229.2420.
- If you donate to DVCAC, check with your company to see if they make matching charitable gifts. This is an easy way to double or triple your impact! Some companies also reward your volunteerism. If you are a DVCAC volunteer, ask someone if they have a program in place which can benefit DVCAC.
2. Donate In-Kind
There are many ways that you can help by donating in-kind. **But please note, due to space and capacity restraints, we are only able to accept new/unused items. We are unable to accept items like used women's clothing, used bedding or used toys.
** Please note, due to moving offices, we are temporarily unable to accept any in-kind donations (except for cell phones or gift cards) unless it was pre-arranged. Please email Molly at email@example.com for questions or call 216-229-2420**
Collect Needed Items
Hold a drive or collect items for DVCAC's Shelter. We are also in critical need of items for our Art Therapy Program.
Donate Gift Cards
Gift cards are a great way to help because we can get the supplies we need as we need them, without worrying about storage considerations. Retailers such as Target, Kmart, WalMart, Costco and other “everything stores” are some of the most popular choices.
Hold a cell phone drive
Ask your place of employment, family or friends to donate new and used cell phones. Working or not, your old cell phone and battery can be recycled to raise funds that support victims of domestic violence & child abuse or be given to victims of domestic violence to call 911 in case of emergency.
3. Provide a Meal that Heals
You can send your phone to: Domestic Violence & Child Advocacy Center, 11811 Shaker Blvd., #220, Cleveland, OH 44120 or drop them off. You can also help us get the word out about our Cell Phone Recycling Program by using this flyer!
DVCAC is in need of prepared meals to be donated at our emergency shelter site. Here are the guidelines:
- Dinner is provided for 50 individuals.
- Please schedule with us at least 2 weeks in advance of the date you would like to come.
Further details will be provided upon scheduling with a staff member at DVCAC. If you are interested in becoming a "Meals that Heal" donor, please contact Sara Otts at 216.229.2420 ext. 233 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Hold an Event
Have a garage sale, jewelry party, bake sale, etc. and donate the proceeds to DVCAC! More information can be found here.
For information about Volunteer Opportunities, click here.