Help us Champion Childhood
For most of us, the innocence of childhood provided a carefree time of discovery within the safe and comforting arms of family. But what if your childhood dreams were interrupted by the screams of violence? If instead of playing a game of hide and seek, you just wanted to hide?
Childhood - with all its wonderful milestones and memories - is worth protecting. At DVCAC, we are Champions of Childhood. Our programs provide critical support to help stop the cycle of abuse and provide hope and healing to those whose lives have been splintered by violence, abuse or neglect. Through our 24 Hour Helpline, education programs, safe shelter, therapeutic interventions and Supervised Visitation Center, we provide stability, develop new skills and help keep children safe.
The 2018 Champions of Childhood Campaign is raising critical funds and awareness for our children’s programming and dozens of individual and corporate champions are committed to helping us reach our goal of $80,000. The campaign will culminate at an event on May 3, 2018 as we celebrate our success and honor all of the champions who generously participated. This event will benefit the programs that offer protection, hope, and healing to children who have been abused or exposed to violence.
What does it mean to be a Champion of Childhood?
The Champions primary role is to help DVCAC achieve our revenue goal of $80,000 through a variety of vehicles including online fundraising as well as Breakfast of Champions ticket, and sponsorship sales.
- Actively support the campaign goal by participating in online peer to peer fundraising and/or supporting the Champions of Childhood Celebration. To get started & to register, click here.
- Set a goal for your personal campaign and ask friends, family and business associates for their help in reaching your goal. (minimum commitment of $500 required for to qualify for benefits)
- Use the online fundraising tool provided by DVCAC to request, receive and track donations for your campaign.
- Promote the Champions of Childhood Celebration and offer sponsorships, ticket, and ad sales as a way for organizations to support your goal.
- Be an Ambassador for the campaign by using personal contacts, social media and other means to publicize our efforts.
- Attend the Champions of Childhood Celebration to recognize efforts of all our individual and corporate supporters.
- Name will be listed on DVCAC website
- Recognition at Champions of Childhood Celebration event and in printed program.
- Additional benefits determined by level of fundraising achieved by April 20,2018
For more information, social media and email suggstions to support your fundraising, download our info packet: